Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Don't Want To Spend My Life Jaded... Wasted.

I heard a Carrie Underwood song tonight that I really connected with. This seems to be tonight's soundtrack.

Oh, I don't wanna' spend my life jaded
Waiting to wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by
Wasted

Oh I don't wanna' keep on wishing, missing
The still of the morning, the color of the night
I ain't spending no more time
Wasted

This is where I am right now... moving forward, living, loving, and laughing. Things are good.

I have some amazing girlfriends that I know would stand around and sing songs with me. Pick me up if I fell down, and make me laugh when I feel like crying. It's good to have "girl time" It's healthy! The last two weeks have been filled with some great bonding over laughter and tears. New friends who love PEZ, and old friends who would bring the "pin the tail on the donkey" game for my birthday. *I* am blessed!

I am also blessed to have an amazing man in my life. Even thought we are so far apart, it doesn't matter. Each day I grow closer to him, he is becoming my best friend, my rock, my center. He challenges me to think, he challenges me to see someone else view. He challenges me to stand up for myself. He keeps me grounded, and reminds me each day that yes, I am a Diva, but it's OK. I am HIS Diva. Like a true paladin he shields me from all the drama, associated with the choices I have made lately. He reminds me that I made the best choice, for me, and US.

This is a really great spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment