Friday, July 5, 2013

A Make Over...



It's not just my blog that is going through a makeover. It's also me. My body, my soul, my life, and the people I choose to keep in it, and the ones that I let go of for the sake of my emotional health.

I am finding out, that when you go through a breakup as devastating as mine was to me, that your life has to go through changes. It's forced change. It's hard and it's not fun. It's almost debilitating. However, it is necessary. There were days in the beginning that I didn't want to get out of bed. Now I get up every day. That's an achievement. It's a small one, but one nonetheless. There were days when I would cry uncontrollably for hours at a time. I still get sad when I think about something that we used to do together, but the days of immense sorrow are gone. I need to reflect back on where I was a few weeks ago and remember how far I have come, and also how far I need to go.

It's been a month since I decided to start this journey of change. That's when I started blogging again to go along with it. In that month I have watched my son graduate from high school, lost 11 pounds, changed my hair color, started updating my blog, and found out who the people are in my life that I can always count on. That includes new friends I have made. Some of those people don't even know how much they do to get me through a day with just some simple words on a screen. However, I am grateful. 

There will be more changes. I am going to blog about losing weight. I want to be able to look back on this entry a year from now and see all the progress I have made. I am going to stay on Weight Watchers, and keep trying doing Zumba and walking on a regular basis.

Thank you to those of you who have stayed on board for this journey. It's only going to get better!





No comments:

Post a Comment