Monday, July 8, 2013

Why can't stormy skies, psycho guys, and rainy days, stop following me...





Music can evoke so many feelings. It can make us cry, it can make us angry, it can make us smile, and laugh. Music is such a huge part of my life. I listen to it daily. I sing daily, and sometimes I even write. Not that I think I will be an amazing song writer some day, but it's just another way to express my feelings. I can still remember what was playing the last dance of my junior high graduation, and I can't ever hear that song, and not think of that night. There will always be songs that make me think of Wild Hare, and all the times I would jump up and dance when they played The Jackson Five. The way I would feel when Eddie would play Down Stream by Supertramp will always make me smile.


Adam Lambert's new album Trespassinghas gotten me through more than a few days of pain. Well, that and wine... OK MOSTLY wine, but his album AND wine, that's good stuff! I am able to be angry, glittery, dancey, poppy, and silly, and there is no one there to say it's not OK. Because it IS OK damn it! It makes me sing loud. It makes me dance in my livingroom. It makes me blow out the speakers in my car. I can relate to the lyrics. Thank you Adam for being you, and glittery! I *heart* you! I am so excited to be seeing him in concert in just a few short weeks.


Megan Joy...OMG her performance of "Longing" (In The Video Above) not only makes me weep, but also give me strength. I think she is just so beautiful. Maybe it's where I am in my life, but I can so relate to this song, and "Rainclouds. It's almost like she wrote this album just for me! If it were a record I would have worn it out by now.


I miss records. I miss how it would feel in your hand and the popping sound it make as you laid the needle down on it. I miss listening to a song over and over while I read all the liner notes, and gazed into the eyes of the artist on the cover. I would always imagine what it would be like to have my own album, and what I would call it. What would I wear on the cover, and would it be sad or fun? I will probably never know what that feels like, but I will always have that dream.


What are some of your favorite albums, singers, or songs? What memories do the bring back for you?






No comments:

Post a Comment