Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Return Of Shirtless Guy





Two Years Later...

So There I was checking my myspace, and I received an e-mail from someone named Jesse. Now The only Jesse I know is Lisa's "not boyfriend" so I assumed it was from him. I opened it up to find that it was shirtless guy! If you don't know all about shirtless guy, go read my post from two years ago. He had found me via our high school alumni page. Apparently we had gone to school together but didn't know it. Well, at least I never knew. He's probably been stalking me since then!!!

I see he's in a relationship, and they have a dog together (cause you know having a dog together makes it real) so I assume he's happy and was just saying hi. WRONGO! Yeah about the third e-mail he lets me know he made a mistake with his current girlfriend... and is homesick. Then it happens he gives me his phone number "because he hates typing". I don't call him. I figure I will give him my number, and nothing will come of it. *insert dramatic pause here* He called.

Ok I can't get guys who claim they love me and want to live happily ever after to call me, and this guy lives in another state, has a girlfriend,and stalks me... What the crap? 

So The conversation is fun and light, and I don't flirt with him at all, because he STILL technically had a girlfriend. He gave me the story about why he shouldn't be with her, and why it was a mistake, etc etc.. I just said "uh huh" a lot. He just kept telling me how much he liked me when he lived here, and how I wouldn't even look at him, and when he tried to talk to me I would run away. He said that I would sprint from my apartment to my car. (I quite possibly did do that) I just never thought he was interested in me. His last girlfriend looked like Malibu Barbie, and *I* don't so it just never dawned on me. Plus his grandfather was the manager of my apartment so ya know what if things went bad? I mean I could have been forced to move from my oh so fabulous 1970's style townhouse that I love so much.
The longer we talked the more I found out we have in common and the more I wished I hadn't been so afraid of him when he lived here. However, the fact remains he has a girlfriend, and until he doesn't (if that day comes) we can only be friends.
Things happen for reasons...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 



...The risk of being diagnosed with cancer and the risk of dying of cancer have decreased since the early 1990s? Fewer than half the people diagnosed with cancer today will die of the disease. Some are completely cured, and many more people survive for years with a good quality of life, thanks to treatments that control many types of cancer


That's GREAT news. However, cancer is not one disease, but many different diseases with different causes. For that reason, one breakthrough "cure for cancer" is probably not likely to come along. There probably won't be one date in history when people remember that the cure for cancer was announced - just as infectious diseases weren't conquered on one particular day. Instead, every year will bring more and more cures for more and more types of cancer. 

THIS can't be done without YOUR help. 
The odds are Cancer will touch you, your family or someone you know in your lifetime...Take five minutes today to sponsor me in Blogathon 2007. ALL The proceeds go directly to 
The American Cancer Society, and your donation may save a life someday...Maybe yours.

I never want to see another person suffer the way I watched my father suffer from Cancer...Won't you help? Take the money you were going to spend on that cheeseburger for lunch, and help someone who is too sick to even enjoy a cheeseburger...donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment