Thursday, July 21, 2005

Old Morning People...


OK why is it that as you get older you start to wake up earlier and earlier? Everyone in my family is a morning person, except for myself and my daughter. My grandmother has terrible insomnia so she is up all night reading and dozing. Even then she still wakes up before most farm animals around 3:00 Am. My mother is exactly the same way. She goes to bed rather early in the evening and then wakes up in the middle of the night, and watches all the video of the TV she just missed by going to bed early. Now doesn't it make more sense to actually stay up and watch the TV, then sleep in to a reasonable hour? I dunno let's say...6? Today I was groggily driving to Starbucks on my way to work. I see an elderly gentleman walking his dog along the sidewalk. It's 6:45, and this guy is showered, dressed (poorly I might add) and walking his dog down the road BEFORE 7? What the heck is that about? I mean yes, ok maybe the poor pooch was doing the pee pee dance or something, but I know these people have yards to take their dogs into. That does not require you to get showered, or get dressed in your snazzy straw hat. I just don't get it. I get up at 5:30 every morning, but that's because I HAVE to in order to look this good before work, and get to Starbucks before the rest of the "morning people" so I can get my muffin they are always out of if I run late. If I were retired however, I would sleep in. I mean you work your entire life getting up early, and now you have this wonderful opportunity to sleep in and you walk down the street in your terrible straw hat, while walking your "feeder dog". WHY OH WHY?!?! 

Are YOU a morning person? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment